Back with paint, and now it's time to get serious. I start putting things back in the car.

And I find out what I did wrong. For instance, the carburetors that I've been sweating over, there's an air leak in the manifold that causes the engine to race.

The fuel pump, which I've been assuming is an SU is actually a Hardi. The reason I can't find any bolts to fit it is because it's metric, unlike regular SAE bolts on the rest of the car.

I put in an electric fan on the radiator, but it just doesn't move enough air. I end up buying two smaller fans and installing them instead.

At one point, near the end of the project, I have to turn to a professional. Darrin's MG Service is my vendor of choice, and they fix the manifold leak and tune my carburetors.