It was about this time that my daughters were born.

Pretty much all forward momentum on the car, stopped.

If I got any time to work on the car, it was in short bursts of an hour or a half-hour, so my tasks had to be small. Slowly I found myself dismantling the car as I repaired components.

As I took the car apart, I found more and more problems. There was a hole in the wooden floor where the exhaust heat had burned through. The transmission tunnel was beat and hacked to accomodate an all-synchro transmission, and there were holes stuffed with rags to try to keep the heat out.

It soon became obvious that I had enough bits off, perhaps I should just consider getting it in for paint and body work, and besides, that delay meant I didn't have to spend the long hours to get the car running.